This strong adhesive resin was developed to secure quarter cracks or reconstruct larger sections of hoof wall. This durable formula can be sanded, filed, shaped and nailed into to hold a shoe or other supports. Designed to be used to adhere aluminum or glue-on aluminum (sigafoose) shoes directly to the hoof. The 2oz size is enough for a single quarter crack treatment. Also sold in convenient 6-pack and 12-pack cases.
Set up time: Firm set in 6-8 minutes, reaches final set strength in 10-13 minutes at 70ºF.
This product is best when used under 6 months from fill date (see container date stamp) and will last even longer if stored refrigerated.
NOTE: This product is considered hazardous/flammable and is expensive to ship overnight by Air. Please contact us if you need special shipping.
Hoof MD Single Use Kit Directions
- Completely clean the hoof area of all dirt and particulates.
- Open main container and separate the accelerator bag and mixing cup.
- Hand mix the ingredient in the accelerator bag before cutting the nozzle open.
- Squeeze all of the accelerator directly on top of the adhesive itself.
- Mix the two completely without stopping for a minimum of 1.5 minutes.
- Apply mixture to the hoof and allow to set up.
- Dispose of any leftover materials in mixing container.
- Areas of bleeding drainage or infection should not be covered with reconstruction material. Contact your Veterinarian for treatment.
- Allow 24 hours for total cure before competition.
For maximum shelf life, storage temperatures of 40-50°f are recommended. If stored at these cooler temperatures, allow product to return to room temperature before using.
Precautionary Statements: Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. No smoking. Do not breathe vapors. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood, refer to SDS for additional precautionary hazards. Keep out of reach of children.